Friday, February 8, 2008

Food for thought

I've been looking up recipes for our "Louisiana" potluck as a team on Sunday, and although I know that our trip is about more than food, it's fun to think of the experience we will have with new food tastes, and eating as a community every day. The bond formed by eating together around a common table is so important--Jesus knew that very well (and he did eat with people alot!) As I prepare, and pack, I'm aware that we will be a closer and wiser community when we return, because of our time shared together, working and playing and eating, and because of the good people of Dulac. I'm especially excited that we are an intergenerational team, working together for good. Thank you for your participation! Looking forward to Sunday when the whole team will be blessed and sent forth by the congregation. Pastor Linda

No comments: